Don't do BIM? The Government Mandate doesn't affect me as I don't design schools, hospitals or other public buildings.
Wrong! If you use 3D CAD, as soon as you draw a wall between two points and add a window, you are doing BIM. The wall could have a thickness and height, a style, multiple components (bricks, insulation, plaster even), materials and costs. The window will come from a library of variable types. Already you are collecting Information. Come to the BIM Design Day and learn how to use that information to speed up designs, eliminate errors, re-use components -- and share that information with others.
And if you are doing BIM you already have the potential to make great savings in time, productivity and costs.
BIM - Building Information Modelling helps you to, for instance:
- Produce schedules of components and materials
- Re-use components, including complete room furnishings for hotels, etc
- Collaborate with structrual engineers and designers sharing the same model and data
- Share 3D models with Building Performance Efficiency applications
- Release component information to fabricators for off-site manufacture
- Adhere to company and National building standards and codes more easily
- Produce 3D visualisations and walkthroughs clients and public presentations
- Create hyperlinks to supporting data -- component info, sources, prices and performances
- After construction present clients with complete facility management information
... and much more! Whether you use Vectorworks or not, you will learn why BIM is a vital tool for your practice
The free BIM Design Day will, of course, be run using Vectorworks software - a complete architectural design application that also includes modules for Terrain Modelling, Landscaping, Visualisation using the CINEMA 4D based rendering engine, Renderworks and even Stage and Lighting design for the entertainment and performance industries - all integrated as a complete BIM solution, and with full export and model sharing capabilities.
Watch our short video about the BIM Design Day
Register now and take this marvellous opportunity to join us on this instructive BIM-day!
Date: Tuesday 4 October 2016
Times: 09:30-17:00 hours
Venue: Cavendish Conference Centre, London W1G 9DT