" Originally founded in Abingdon in 1885 the Practice passed through three generations of the West family before merging to form West Waddy in 1986. A further merger with Associated Design Partnership, Oxford in 1999 created the multi-disciplinary practice of West Waddy ADP.
The three Partners, Philip Waddy, Stephen Simkins and Andrew Bateson lead a team of Architects, Planners, and Urban Designers whom comprise a fully integrated built environment consultancy.
West Waddy operates from its riverside studio in the market town of Abingdon, Oxfordshire. The building has a long history of occupation and some elements of the original medieval dyehouse noted in Amyce’s 1554 survey of Abingdon still remain.
With a well-established reputation for good design and creative problem solving, our client base is broad and varied. Well known in Oxfordshire and the Thames Valley, West Waddy continues to broaden its horizons throughout London and the South.
In 2014 West Waddy formed an association with Archadia Architects, London. The team at Archadia are specialists in social and private housing, healthcare, and special needs services."